Saturday, March 9, 2013

Family Time

We've waited a long, long time to have our weekends (without Rudy having to study) and even after almost a year of it, we still have to pinch ourselves and can't believe we're actually able to enjoy a life without papers, tests, and unpaid internships. I love that his job involves minimal take-home work (the opposite of a teacher, unfortunately!) and that when he's home he's able to just be a husband and father. Cause that's all this house really wants. Getting the "I'm on my way" text and hearing the keys unlocking our front door are two of the biggest highlights of our day. The best? Getting to say, "Daddy's home!!" So, it should come as no surprise, that our weekends with Daddy (as he's now known) are ultra special and we enjoy the freedom to do whatever we please! :)

A few snapshots:
Hours and hours of staring, smiling at, and doting on our boys.
Depot, Depot!! Making a race car.
 A free 1.5 mile-long train ride I've been taking Kyle to ever since he was a wee one.
 Hiking/Orienteering/Exploring...basically being outdoors in as much nature as we can.
 Fishing/Beach trips
 Gav loves to touch the sand.
Fishing off a new spot in the harbor. Gavin was fascinated by the feel of grass.
 Kyle loves to play pretend. Here's his "campfire" where we cook our snacks at the Back Bay.
 Playing pretend at home. This time, a homemade kayak and Kyle's new paddle Rudy just made.
Kyle always wants to share his experiences with his brother. :)
Glad there's one more day to this weekend... :)

4 comments:

  1. So very fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Somehow my original comment got posted twice. So I deleted one of them. But I thought that would make everything go away. Instead, you're wondering what I said in the second comment and why I deleted it, and you're going to spend your whole day thinking about what I said that I wouldn't want you to see... Now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Too funny! Thanks for going through all that trouble just to say hi! I love hearing from you, my Auntie.

    ReplyDelete