Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Kyle's First Catch!!!

Kyle caught his first fish, ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! :) 

While the boys were out fishing this afternoon Kyle said, "Papa, I want a real hook and some bait." Rudy consented and Kyle began to cast his line. He imitated Rudy by putting his pole against his chair and waiting saying, "It takes so long to wait." After reeling and casting over and over, Kyle shouted, "A fish!!! A fish!!! Oh, he's strong! But I'm going to get him!" Though the little fish put up a good fight, Kyle was able to reel it in all by himself. Once he saw the Spotted Bay Bass, he joyfully exclaimed, "I knew it! I knew there was a fishy. It was shaking. Thank you, fishy! I love you fishy! Thank you for letting me catch you." Then after Rudy snapped a few pictures, Kyle said, "We need to put more bait on it, so we can do it again!!"

The boys were so excited, they called to tell me the news. Kyle was so happy and proud! And we are proud of him, not yet three and a half years old and catching his first fish! :) 

1 comment: