Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kyle's 1st Dentist Visit!

I took Kyle to see my childhood dentist yesterday. She and her husband run a business together where she works with the kids and he works with the adults. I've been going to this place since I was a little girl and was just there last week for my own cleaning. I'd been preparing Kyle (getting him interested and excited) for his 1st visit for almost a year and yesterday he finally got to experience it himself! :). He really likes reading his books about the subject and watching me during my appointments. He took his visit seriously and was so well-mannered. He was such a little man. :) 

Dr. S has been doing her thing for over 30 years and let me tell you, she is a master at her craft. My mom joined us and we both were in awe watching her do her thing. I'm so grateful we have such great dentists. 
Dr. S showed Kyle "Mr. Thirsty" and the water sprayer. He got to hold Mr. Thirsty and see how he works.
The dentist explained each and every tool, using Kyle's fingers to demonstrate what she would do. She was so patient and treated Kyle with so much respect, not like a "little kid."
Then, after seeing and learning about all the tools and everything she'd do, they got down to business. Kyle was such a polite, respectful and obedient boy. Not to mention, brave. I was so stinkin' proud!!
Afterwards, he got to pick out a toy from the toy box.
My little, big boy! He's growing up so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment