Earlier this week I celebrated another birthday. It was the least eventful, yet most meaningful birthday ever! :) I couldn't be happier to have Gavin's birthday so close to mine. He is my present and will be my present (as is Kyle) every year from now! ;) The chance to be a mother and the chance to build our family are huge gifts that I will always be reminded of and celebrate.
A year ago:
I wished a very specific wish.
One year later:
My wish was granted!!
On a more serious, spiritual note, on September 14, 2011, I had a septum removed from my uterus. Ru and I left our hospital with so much gratitude and hope. The following day, we went to Jonathan's grave to "tell him" the good news, that we got the thing that took him. At his grave, we were surprised to find that his name marker had been placed on the 14th, over a month and a half earlier than anticipated. God knew my heart and cares about even the little things that mean so much to us. I know somehow He got that marker there, knowing how much it meant to me to have my baby "marked" instead of being under plain old grass. The timing of the early surgery date and Jonathan's marker placement was special. Standing there, I felt so encouraged and prayed a very specific prayer.
Months later, Ru and I tried for another Shmu. Just by our ovulation date, my friend calculated the possible due date... September 17th, and called me right away saying that the timing was too perfect, I just had to be pregnant. Somehow knowing that my specific prayer really had the potential of being answered gave us hope from that day forward. Since the 14th of September was such a significant date for us, I thought Gavin would come on that day. Turns out, he came 2 days prior and we were discharged on the 14th, just as we were discharged from the same place a year prior. God had indeed answer my prayer! :)
This year (like the year prior) I was recovering physically and couldn't do too much. Coffee with my family at Kean's sounded fun and low-key.
I love a good mug of coffee... especially when it looks like this:Or this:
And we love that whenever Mimi comes, she brings a bag of table toys to entertain Kyle. Here he's pretending to be the wolf while playing with the "Three Little Pigs" house.
Thanks to all those who sent some love in the mail. Thanks to my family for helping me celebrate. And thanks to my Lord for hearing me and answering!
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:1-3








Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete