While I'm up here waiting for water to boil for my pumping stuff and before we take off, I thought I'd update. We were advised to go to the ER. How we hated taking our 3 day-old to the ER. It was a nightmare and very busy. We were told to lather ALL of us up. The neonatologist said to go ahead and do Gavin, too, since he most likely has these things crawling on him. We've been doing skin to skin ever since he was born, so I'm sure he's got some. Anyhow, the neonatologist said that only 2% will enter the body topically and it didn't pose a risk for the little guy in that regard. The real concern is having the baby ingest the stuff. So, while we'll only have the cream on for 8 to 14 hours, I'll need to pump and dump for 24 hours until it's out of my system. Though I hate to put this stuff on him, I'm so glad I can hold him and keep him with me.
We're looking up hotels as I type and will walk in and go straight to the shower to wash and lather up. Then, we'll sleep with the cream on. Hopefully we can find another place to stay tomorrow night, since we'll be all clean, and get our house dealt with by some professionals.
So, post delivery advice to rest up and relax, just holding your baby? Ha!! Not really our story this time around! The tough thing is I can't clean and lift and do all sorts of things I'll need to do because I am very much still healing. Just walking around puts me in a lot of pain (and I had a vaginal delivery, too!).
Thanks to those who have already called and offered help! We appreciate your support and just sharing in our frustration. There's really nothing we can do but try to laugh. That, or be miserable! We'll try to laugh.
We're looking up hotels as I type and will walk in and go straight to the shower to wash and lather up. Then, we'll sleep with the cream on. Hopefully we can find another place to stay tomorrow night, since we'll be all clean, and get our house dealt with by some professionals.
So, post delivery advice to rest up and relax, just holding your baby? Ha!! Not really our story this time around! The tough thing is I can't clean and lift and do all sorts of things I'll need to do because I am very much still healing. Just walking around puts me in a lot of pain (and I had a vaginal delivery, too!).
Thanks to those who have already called and offered help! We appreciate your support and just sharing in our frustration. There's really nothing we can do but try to laugh. That, or be miserable! We'll try to laugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment