Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shmu makes me laugh!

Beginning with 28 weeks (Happy 28 weeks, Shmu!!), I'm supposed to record daily kick counts. The kick count card states I'm supposed to count 10 kicks or movements and then record how long it took. The times start at 10 minutes, then 20, 30, and go all the way up to two hours. I started this morning, while still trying to sleep, mind you (a very active time for this one) and got to the allotted amount of kicks in under 5 minutes!! I stopped counting with 25 movements in under 10 minutes and recorded Shmu's moves by making a new column in the chart. When I told Rudy that his child couldn't even be placed on the chart, he high fived me! Shmu, I think daddy's proud of you! I'm just cracking up because I knew it at 18 weeks... this kid is going to have quite the personality! I love it, though. Those are the kids in the classroom you remember most. I just hope Shmu will be able to sit long enough to want to listen to me read books and snuggle mommy a bit.

3 comments:

  1. OH YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN WITH LITTLE SHMU!! I'VE BEEN GETTING ON MY BIKE AND STARTING TO WORK OUT A BIT LATELY. JUST IN TIME- SEEMS I'LL NEED TO BE A HARD-BODY GRANDMA TO KEEP UP WITH MY LITTLE GRANDBABY. HMM, I SEEM TO REMEMBER ANOTHER VERY ACTIVE LITTLE ONE. RUDY YOU CERTAINLY HELPED TO KEEP ME YOUNG. IF SHMU WALKS AS EARLY AS YOU DID, BY NINE MONTHS YOU'LL BE RUNNING YOUR PANTS OFF. LOL, CAN'T WAIT TO SIT BACK AND WATCH.:-) THANKS FOR THE FUN UPDATE, XOXO GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! GG you may be right on with your prediction. My "Grandma Room" vision is probably all wrong--maybe it needs active equipment instead of tubs and tubs of books. Did Ru ever nap? Let's see, if the books are short, I might be able to get 1 or 2 read to Shmu before the nap is over . . . .:-)

    Oh, another question. I'm wondering if the "eyes in the back of my head" thing that all mommies have works for grandmas, too. And will just one extra set be enough? Lots to think about--ha!

    However high the metabolic rate of your little one, you and Rudy are perfect for the challenge, and, yes, it will be fun!!

    Love you!
    Mindy's Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like (s)he is taking after her/his daddy :) I vividly remember how fun it was to feel the babies move and kick ... I'm so excited for you, it sounds like you are really enjoying your pregnancy - as you should!

    ReplyDelete