It's hard to believe we have only 10 weeks left before we meet our little one. On the other hand, mom is more and more ready to have her own body back to herself! :) This visitor I have inside me is making his/her presence quite well known with movements, kicks and jabs. Also, starting with the beginning of my 3rd trimester, I have been feeling yucky most mornings and evenings. I've only had to run to the kitchen sink once, and usually if I make a bee line for the kitchen and put something in my mouth right when I get up, I can curb the worst of it. It's definitely different and not as bad as in the beginning 4 months of my pregnancy, but it's still discouraging. I want to be able to enjoy every moment of this because soon I will be saying, "When I was pregnant ..." or telling Shmu, "When you were in my tummy, you ..."
The excitement is definitely catching both of us. We were just at a 1st birthday party for a little boy who was the first of all our friends' children to be born. Since then, 8 of our friends have delivered babies and 4 more are expecting. We had to chuckle at the sea of strollers and diaper bags that were parked along side us. What a different world we are entering! It's nice to know we've got a lot of friends who are also entering that world with us and it was so fun to be able to hold all the new babies and play with them. Shmu got a party favor that said, "Baby Martin" and it made us smile to think of Shmu soon joining his/her friends. We're so thankful for this group of friends we love and would trust with our child. God is really good to us and His timing was perfect!
If you think of it, please pray for us this week, as it will be my last week teaching for quite a while and we will be packing up the room and moving out on Thursday, the last day of school. I'm so glad Ru will be able to join me and help me pack and load. I will take comfort in driving home with my family (Ru, Shmu and me) and relaxing from a long, stressful year in school. However, it will be hard both physically and emotionally. As I close my door, new feelings of stress and anxiety will no doubt enter as we try not to worry about our income next year. Pray that we'd feel a calm about this new transition and that God would open some doors soon. Thanks! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment