Saturday, September 3, 2016

Summer 2016 Highlight Reel


I'm so sorry for my absent blogging. I know some of you really enjoy reading and I don't mean to be slow. Since I am over 4 months behind, I'll give a one or two picture recap of our summer and go into more detail on some events throughout the week. That's my goal anyway. ;) 

Though our summer starts at the end of May, I'll go backwards by a few weeks just so that Mom is included in one picture this summer! :) 
Mother's Day 2016
Grammie love 
Neighborhood block parties 
Murdo Martin joined our family at just 6 weeks old. Definitely more on this one later! ;)
Fun visit with Tiffany's boys in San Diego!
 Teagan and Jalen
 Celebrating Father's Day
 Playing pretend pilots complete with captain's hats, dress shirts, and ties. The airplane is behind them with more seating available for all to join in...
 Fun play zones with friends Isacc and Annika
 Auntie visits
 Boat rides in the Back Bay with the family. Daddy got a bigger boat for us all to fit in.
 Frozen yogurt ;)

 Army men and fireworks...
 Birthday parties...this one at Frog's Bounce House
 Our family trip to Oregon! A massive post coming on this one! haha...
Swim lessons with the AMAZING Miss Diane!
 Trips to Isacc and Annika's Great Grandma's house just up the street...her pool is the spot to be on a hot day!
 A GG visit!!


Church park playdates. The boys love and miss our former neighbors from Costa Mesa. Glad we still go to church together.

 Kyle got walluped on his birthday by his Taekwondo friends!
 More BMXing with friends...
Two family reunions in the park!! More to come with this one.
 The boys' 3rd cousins, Si and Jade, came for a visit over night. Their parents did, too. :)
 We became Science Discovery Center annual pass holders and thoroughly enjoyed exploring this place. More on this one later, too.
 Grammie visits!
 A fun time at Adventure Playground in Huntington Beach, with our friends Lisa and Trent. More on this one, too.
Beach trips
 Bike rides to the donut shop!
 Kyle passed another belt test!
 We also enjoyed a weekend in Palm Springs at a gorgeous resort with some friends of ours. Silly mommy forgot her camera and my old phone couldn't store any pics (dropped a few too many times I guess!). Kyle also participated in a 3 day art class taught by a Biola friend of Rudy's. He loved it and we now have several masterpieces in different media to hang in his room. :) It was a fun summer that passed as quickly as they all seem to do. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fun and full summer. Now off to the adventure of school and fall/winter fun. I'm ready for the cooler days, jeans, sweatshirts and fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete