A few weeks ago (or maybe more) we took the boys to the Fullerton Train Expo. I didn't know what to expect but we were all pleasantly surprised to find this was a really big deal with so much for all of us to enjoy. Cause come on, the parents enjoy whatever puts a huge smile on their kids' faces. ;)
We watched little trains and big ones (in the background) go by at this spot for quite a while.
Kyle and I took a tour of this engine.The boys are nuts about the Metrolink and therefore really loved seeing this model go by.
This booth allowed for kids to push buttons and manipulate the figurines and tracks.
Then, we just had to tour the bus.
And tour it, we did ...Rudy style.
This picture is in honor of my Great Grandpa Thune who helped build the railroad across South Dakota. We have a picture of him and his brother on one of these exact things.
And really, would the visit be complete without a ride on one? :)

Oh how fun! I can see the love for trains in their eyes. Such precious boys you have. I hope one day we can get together. It is so good to get out on family adventures. We are ready for that again. It is going to be so nice to be together as a family again and explore Iowa and the new adventures we can find there. Movers should be here next week!!! I'll try to remember to take pictures and keep the blog updated.
ReplyDeleteLoved the blog and great pictures, as always. Interesting reference to your great grandpa Thune working on the SD railroad. Another relative, your great great grandfather Seymour, along with his brothers, supplied railroad ties for the northern Indiana railroad to Chicago. Your boys have a heavy railroad gene pool.
ReplyDelete