Kyle is super sentimental and loves to be festive, decorate for all the holidays, and loves traditions (adorable, right?!) So, keeping up with the tradition of the last 2 years, our "Thankful Tree" became our bare "Winter Tree" (gotta have seasons some way!), and is now our "Love Tree."
I think I'll always put this one up... it's just so Kyle. :)
This year, we started something new. Each morning Kyle and Gavin woke up to a handwritten note from either Rudy or I, telling them what we love about them. Kyle loved it and started writing ones for us on our door. (I think he's a keeper, ladies!!)
Also according to tradition, we started our morning at the "presents table." And following another tradition, the boys each got a book (though this year, Ru added a little stuffed animal, too). Kyle wanted to be sure to add his Valentine from his Miss Esther. :)
Gavie's smile was adorable when he opened up this dog that says, "Abrazos y Besos." Ru picked it because those two words are quite common here. I think they are the first Spanish words both boys have learned. :)Reading their Valentine's books with Mommy ... we love that they really enjoy books.
At preschool, Kyle was excited to pass out his robot valentines.
Towards the end of class the kids had an ice-cream party. Gavin was all about standing right next to Kyle (so long as Kyle kept passing his spoon back and forth!).
Back at home, we opened all of Kyle's valentines. This was the first time he'd done this but I'd say he's quickly learned what "The Love Day" is about.
We counted up his candy hearts in this little math "game."
Now I've got to get packin' cause my husband is whisking me away for the night....!!!!!! :)
Happy Valentine's Day, people!!











No comments:
Post a Comment