I know it's well past Christmas, but I wanted to go back and include just a few pictures I took so we have at least some visual memory of this past season.
There are a few neighborhoods that go out-of-control Christmas light happy. The Brea one is a sight to behold. We hit up a few that were amazing but I didn't have my camera with me. The pics below are from a local one we visited. This particular house made it snow for us! Gavin kept exclaiming "Bubbles!!!" And yes, that's me at night in short sleeves...pathetic Christmas weather! I'm so glad that every other year my boys get to do what I did growing up...go someplace else that's cold and possibly has snow! Christmas carols make a lot more sense elsewhere. :)
Both Gavin and Kyle were fascinated by all there was to look at.
Back at home, Kyle wanted to be sure Santa knew we had moved and dictated our Santa sign for us.
Our Christmas morning was amazing thanks to the love and generosity of our IL family. Thank you!! Gavin loves balls and thoroughly enjoyed this present from Auntie Ray and Uncle Ben. A silly picture of Gav, but shows how happy he was about his present. ;)
Kyle's favorite was this Panda Village building set from Santa. He's been saying recently that he wants to be a builder when he grows up. He enjoys building various villages for the Pandas.
Later Christmas morning we went to my parents' house where Auntie Michelle, Uncle Michael, and Auntie Allison were staying. I didn't get many pictures, but the boys had so much fun playing with their wonderful, new toys waiting for them there.
Kyle got to make and decorate cookies with Auntie Michelle.
And he enjoyed reading books with Uncle Michael.
There are a few neighborhoods that go out-of-control Christmas light happy. The Brea one is a sight to behold. We hit up a few that were amazing but I didn't have my camera with me. The pics below are from a local one we visited. This particular house made it snow for us! Gavin kept exclaiming "Bubbles!!!" And yes, that's me at night in short sleeves...pathetic Christmas weather! I'm so glad that every other year my boys get to do what I did growing up...go someplace else that's cold and possibly has snow! Christmas carols make a lot more sense elsewhere. :)
Both Gavin and Kyle were fascinated by all there was to look at.
Back at home, Kyle wanted to be sure Santa knew we had moved and dictated our Santa sign for us.
Our Christmas morning was amazing thanks to the love and generosity of our IL family. Thank you!! Gavin loves balls and thoroughly enjoyed this present from Auntie Ray and Uncle Ben. A silly picture of Gav, but shows how happy he was about his present. ;)
Kyle's favorite was this Panda Village building set from Santa. He's been saying recently that he wants to be a builder when he grows up. He enjoys building various villages for the Pandas.
Later Christmas morning we went to my parents' house where Auntie Michelle, Uncle Michael, and Auntie Allison were staying. I didn't get many pictures, but the boys had so much fun playing with their wonderful, new toys waiting for them there.
Kyle got to make and decorate cookies with Auntie Michelle.
And he enjoyed reading books with Uncle Michael.
I'm sorry to my Oregon family for the lack of pictures from our Christmas together days later... however, for the sake of the blog record...we were all together minus one family who live overseas (I guess I didn't explain before we got there and so Kyle fully expected to see all his cousins. He came home and said with genuine sadness, "But mom, where were the others?") Kyle had a lot of fun playing with Chase and someone got the brilliant idea of calling up our beloved Miss Esther to come watch the boys so the adults could have time to catch up and talk.
We've had a lot of fun family time. I'll blog more on that next.
I'm on a roll... :)









No comments:
Post a Comment