Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love celebrating holidays and special days through the eyes of kids. Rudy and I were both talking about what kinds of things our moms did to celebrate Valentine's Day with us as kids growing up. I loved it as a child and I love it as a parent even more. So fun to teach Kyle about Valentine's Day and share the anticipation. He loved crossing off each day until finally the "Love Day" came. 
In the beginning of February, we started adding to our "Love Tree." Kyle liked the Thankful Tree so much, he didn't want me to take it down. So, I thought we could use it again in February to note the things/people we love. Kyle was all over this idea and would hardly let a night go by without us adding to the tree. 
Kyle's "I love when the sun comes up!" made us crack up! That is SO him. Not only has sleeping just never been his thing, but he loves life and all the playing one can do in a day. He talks about "when the sun comes up" and "Is the sun going down now?" all the time. He's saddest when the sun sets and we have to wind down for the night.
We were happy watching Kyle open and enjoy his little Valentine's presents. His favorite was a Critter book titled, "Just Me and My Little Brother." :) Later in the evening, Michelle came over to give us a night out! Other than our anniversary dinner in Chicago, we haven't been out since well before Gavin was born. It was a nice treat! We saw Argo (and loved it!) and had some Tiramisu and coffee at a fun Italian place. Thanks so much, Michelle!

XO to my 3 Valentines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment