Today, as I began driving inland on my way to work, my mouth literally dropped open at the sight of the gorgeous snow-covered mountains. The entire range was covered as far down as I could see with the most beautiful snow. It was breathtaking! Clouds that hung here and there around the peaks gave such a powdery, magical feel. I immediately wished we could call a day off and take Kyle to the snow.
Here in Southern California we don't get much rain. In fact we mostly see a layer of smog that rises up from the LA area and gets pushed up against the mountains with no chance of leaving until strong wind or rain clear it away. So the day after the rain is exceptionally beautiful and I look forward to it each rain we get. It always takes my breath away! My entire commute north gave me quite a view and I couldn't help but be encouraged if not inspired by the metaphor.
We've been living through several storms this year. Some little, some big. Some known and some kept private. All along, I've trusted that someday we'd see that glorious "day after" and somehow all the pain, frustration, stress, and/or heartbreak would lead us to something more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. I still believe that. I believe that all this "rain" is developing our character, making us stronger, and helping us realize how dependent we really are on God.
So I'm thankful for the 50 minute reminder I got this morning of what is to come... we can drudge through the rain with the hope of a day like today.
(And drudge, Rudy has... he's taking his 4-year cummulative exam tomorrow to end all exams!!! We are celebrating with a night out! That is, if he doesn't crash the second he gets home!:)
Here in Southern California we don't get much rain. In fact we mostly see a layer of smog that rises up from the LA area and gets pushed up against the mountains with no chance of leaving until strong wind or rain clear it away. So the day after the rain is exceptionally beautiful and I look forward to it each rain we get. It always takes my breath away! My entire commute north gave me quite a view and I couldn't help but be encouraged if not inspired by the metaphor.
We've been living through several storms this year. Some little, some big. Some known and some kept private. All along, I've trusted that someday we'd see that glorious "day after" and somehow all the pain, frustration, stress, and/or heartbreak would lead us to something more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. I still believe that. I believe that all this "rain" is developing our character, making us stronger, and helping us realize how dependent we really are on God.
So I'm thankful for the 50 minute reminder I got this morning of what is to come... we can drudge through the rain with the hope of a day like today.
(And drudge, Rudy has... he's taking his 4-year cummulative exam tomorrow to end all exams!!! We are celebrating with a night out! That is, if he doesn't crash the second he gets home!:)

No comments:
Post a Comment