On Sunday afternoon during a study crunch time, Ru decided to go and study in the garage. Several minutes later, I got a text asking me to bring the Shmu down to see him. If you're thinking he just missed the little guy and wanted to see him, you don't know my husband. Instead of studying, he'd spent his time building, threading, hanging, tarping... (you get the idea) a whole bunch of "toys." You'd better believe I'm only showing some of the pictures. Ru quickly realized that he was a bit ahead of himself with Kyle's development and will save some ideas for a year or two down the road. Was I nervous? Yep. Do I worry about Kyle getting hurt? Every day. Was I standing there giving my safety commentary and being slightly annoying. You bet! I'm here to report, though, that Kyle had a blast and all was very safe for him. Getting him to sleep after this was another matter!
Playing "the buckets." Great Uncle Doug would be proud.
Ladder drills using bear crawl. He went up and down the boards. We think he liked feeling the contrast between the pavement and the boards.
Hoola hooping, or just enjoying the noise it made.
Can he catch it? You bet!
Tug of war!! (Yes, Rudy is really pulling hard. The kid has quite the grip.)
Practicing for future pony rides.
A tunnel of 2 sawhorses and tarps. He loved going back and forth between Mommy and Daddy and Mr. Fish.

From dad: Kyle, I am so proud of how much you can do. You didn't hesitate to do anything, like crawl through your first tunnel. I think it's so cute that you feel safe with whatever challenge I give you. I love your adventurous, active spirit!

So much fun!! ;)
ReplyDelete