
Somebody slow this down, please???!!!! I can't tell you how many times a day I have a "moment" where I want time to just stop for a long while. Everyone says that it only gets better and better and we know that there are so many things to look forward to but right now, in this moment, we are enjoying him so much and I want to stop it from going by too quickly. He snuggles for story-time just perfectly in my lap, lays comfortably on my shoulder, sits up so tall and cute in his wagon and is just all around fun. We love his personality and very alert, curious mind. Can't thank God enough for all the joy this little person has given us. Ru was saying that it's just almost too much to handle... our hearts are simply exploding.
Just last night, Ru and I were playing around taking turns impersonating Kyle one after the other. We were laughing so hard. I think we'll videotape it just for fun so we can remember all the things we loved seeing our boy do. We are already forgetting a few things we thought we'd always remember and we're also noticing how certain things he "always" did, have quickly become a thing of the past. That made me so sad!
In general, I've had mixed feelings about having a blog and writing such personal thoughts and posting pictures since before I even started this thing. I do have to say, though, that I'm so glad I'm journaling these things here, because someday soon, I'll be looking back at these words and trying to remember.



Kyle's new tricks:
- pulling himself up to a standing position
- goes from laying to sitting to standing pretty quickly
- crawling (sometimes hopping to move even faster)
- just started cruising around (walking while holding on to things)
- climbing on Daddy's homemade jungle gyms
- saying "Mamamama" a lot! :)
Kyle's favorites:
- water!!!!
- water bottles
- cameras
- phones
- wagon rides
- dad's yellow highlighter (sanitized with the cap firmly on and the ink removed!)
- our family picture laminated for him to hold
- paper
- the door stopper that makes noise
- waving his hand and fingers
- standing instead of being on the floor
- yogurt
- bath toys (boats and fish)
And a few more Kyle pictures:



Happy 8 Months, Kyle!
We love you, love you, love you!!

I totally know what you mean Mindy. The time flys by even faster because they are changing so quickly and discovering new things all the time. Something that they do repeatedly today they will not do tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteAnd, blogging is a good thing. Sharing your lives and thoughts and having a running journal that you are committed to will be priceless someday and it is priceless today for your readers. :)